Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday before Friday when I Fly

Woke up early & got up out of bed to pack.  That way I will have some time to spend with my dear friends today-my-last-day.

Took a break from packing and lay out on the hammock looking over the lake, puffing on a cigarette.  I'm not a smoker, but I've allowed myself all the cigarrettes that I want this week because starting tomorrow I will be back in the land of $10 cigarettes and won't be able to afford them, anyway.  So there's no worries about it becoming a habit.

A little tiny tiny little lizard crawls up next to me on the hammock, the same light green color as the hammock, with huge eyes, a tiny body, and huge toes.  The songbirds are singing.  The cormorants are fishing.  The kingfishers are winging.  The lake is the pastel green color it is in the mornings.

No comments: