Saturday, December 12, 2009

Humph.

I had a 24-hour bug and at about the 20th hour I broke down and I took Cipro. It’s not good to take Cipro – it’s a super-powerful drug. But it kills any infection almost instantaneously. God bless Ciprofloxacin!

Of course it was a Friday that I got sick, so I missed Friday night festivities. Instead I lay in bed all day and night and watched a Pushing Daisies marathon on my computer.

What was I sick from? Who knows? Back when I used to have to boil and zap my own water clean, I sometimes wouldn’t, and then when I got sick, I could guess why. This time it seems totally unfair.

*

Oh my GOD. I just looked up Cirpo (C17H18FN3O3) on Wikipedia. Apparently it "kills bacteria by interfering with the enzymes that cause DNA to rewind after being copied, which stops DNA and protein synthesis." Ew!!! What?!?! Oh my GOD.