Thursday, September 17, 2009

Caramel Apples & Champagne

Last night I had a caramel apple party.  12 of my friends came over and I provided the apples, the caramel, the melted chocolate, the sprinkles, and the crushed walnuts.  My friends had the choice to bring either champagne or a savory dish.  One friend brought cheese and crackers.  11 brought champagne.

The point being, after ushering everyone out of 10:00 pm and de-caramelizing my kitchen, I had very strange dreams.

I dreamed about Goma.  It was a strange place.  Lots of ex-pats everywhere, sprinkled throughout.  Everyone speaking some strange version of French that I couldn't keep up with.  Motorcycles that flew yards off the ground.  Men selling craft necklaces that they'd made themselves -- out of glass.  No colorful fabrics.  Women nowhere to be seen.  Everyone rushing around and no one explaining what my job was or what I was needed to do.

I woke myself up in the middle of the night (I always do; I sleep on an air mattress that deflates itself every couple of hours) and when I fell back asleep, I dreamed the same creepy dream all over again.  

No comments: